Pear & Apple Tart (Recipe - KOO)
- 250 ml sugar
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 5 ml caramel essence
11. Whisk eggs and sugar. Add milk and butter and mix well.
12. Add the flour to the milk mixture and mix well until smooth.
13. Spoon batter into a greased 23 cm ovenproof pie dish. Arrange the KOO pie apples and KOO pear slices on top and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
14. For sauce: Mix the sugar and cream together in a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil and add the caramel essence.
15. Pour sauce over hot dessert when removed from oven.
16. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
17. Serve with custard or ice cream.
Serves 4 -6
Variation: Replace KOO pie apples and KOO pear halves with 2 x 410g cans KOO Fruit Cocktail, drained.
Replace fresh cream with canned evaporated milk.